COTS takes pride in living our IDEA principles as outlined below.
We are physicians, healthcare professionals and other experts working together to improve the health and safety of our communities. (DIVERSITY)
Access to the best care and outcomes through collaboration, education, and prevention (INCLUSION)
- Optimistic: We have a positive and uplifting attitude and are open to new challenges. Good people, doing good things – we aim to be principled in all aspects of our work (INCLUSION / ASSUME POSITIVE INTENT)
- Trustworthy: We have caring and personal attitudes toward building our partner relations (TEAMWORK ACROSS DIFFERENCES / ACCESS)
- Practiced: We are knowledgeable, experienced, and able to carry our assigned work/projects (DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT / ACCESS)
- Collaborative: We support the diverse nature of our region, and are unbiased and collegial with our partners (CULTURAL COMPETENCE ACROSS DIFFERENCES / ACCESS)
- Engaged: We are proactive and responsive to our customer’s needs (EQUITY)